Udsendt dato16. september 2023
Udløbsdato1. november 2023
Center administrator for the Center for Optimized Oligo Escape and Control of Disease at the Department of Chemistry University of Copenhagen
The Department of Chemistry at Faculty of Science, the University of Copenhagen is looking for a center administrator from January 1, 2024 or shortly thereafter.
The Department of Chemistry is an internationally leading research and teaching environment for chemistry. The Department of Chemistry conducts top research within a wide range of chemical disciplines. We work within themes such as the green transition, medicine, material development and quantum chemistry. In addition, the department trains excellent graduates in chemistry who are employed in Danish and foreign companies. The department also contributes high-quality chemistry teaching to a number of bio and natural science programs at the University of Copenhagen. The Department of Chemistry has approx. 200 employees. You can read more about the Department of Chemistry on the website www.chem.ku.dk
The advertised center administrator position will ensure the management and day to day running of the Center for Optimized Oligo Escape and Control of Disease – Novo Nordisk Foundation Challenge Grant. The scope of the Center is optimise the delivery of oligonucleotide pharmaceutics and target cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. The Centre will form a bridge between the University of Copenhagen, Harvard Medical School & Boston Children’s Hospital, and Instituto de Medicina Molecular, University of Lisbon.
Your task will include:
To start the Center’s activities, we are looking for an administrator who wants to support an international group of researchers from three institutions as well as additional collaborators. The administrator will support the Center leader and board in all aspects of administration, specifically:
– coordinate the administration between the Center and the four partners, the Novo Nordisk Foundation and the local administration at the Department of Chemistry
– perform administrative tasks, e.g. arranging travels and internal accounting
– organise meetings, workshops and conferences
– organise and coordinate the annual reporting towards the Novo Nordisk Foundation
– be responsible for external and internal communication
– assist the director of the center Prof Nikos Hatzakis with daily tasks required to optimally run the center
In addition, the administrator will be involved in
– data management and organization of data streams between partners
– public outreach, website development and the Center’s communication on social media
– fundraising e.g. helping with writing application for funding
– coordinating activities related to teaching and dissemination to collaborators and students.
We expect, that you
• have a PhD degree or MSc in natural sciences (e.g. chemistry, nanoscience, biochemistry or related areas).
• can communicate in English both in writing and orally
• can work both independently and as part of a team
• can take initiative and not least provide good support
• can thrive in a busy everyday life with many different actors, deadlines and tasks, including ad hoc tasks
• have good cooperation skills
• would like to have experience in the function as a link between different organizational levels and units.
• an exciting and varied job with good professional and personal development opportunities, where we look forward to hearing your insights and good ideas
• flexible working hours with a focus on ensuring a good work-life balance.
• many contact surfaces across the academic society in Denmark.
• flexibility for your personal development and future directions
Terms of salary and employment
The employment and salary is made in accordance with the Circular on the Collective Agreement concerning academics in the state sector concluded between the Ministry of Finance and AC (the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations). Employment will be as Academic Officer (Fuldmægtig) or Special Consultant (Specialkonsulent) depending on the candidates experience and qualification. The salary is based on seniority. Negotiation for salary supplement is possible. The working time are 37 hours per week on average. The working hours are flexible.
If you find the job interesting, please send an electronic application with attachment via Jobportalen (click on the link Apply Now at the bottom of the post) no later than November 1, 23:59 CET. Interviews will take place in week 45 or 46.
The University of Copenhagen seeks to reflect society and encourages applications irrespective of personal background.
Any questions about the position may be directed to Solvejg Jørgensen, +45 93509599, or to the Center leader Professor Nikos Hatzakis ([email protected]). The Faculty of Science at the University of Copenhagen – or SCIENCE – is Denmark’s largest science research and education institution with 4,000 employees and 9,700 Bachelor and Master’s students in 12 departments. The Faculty has an annual budget of DKK 3 billion.
Learn more about The Faculty of Science atwww.science.ku.dk
Skriv i din ansøgning, at du fandt jobbet på workscout.dk.