Udsendt dato16. september 2023
Udløbsdato1. november 2023
We are looking for a highly motivated and dynamic Assistant Professor for a four-year position to commence 1 April 2024.
As Assistant Professor, you will be a part of the Department’s research and development activities as well as contributing to the Department’s teaching and training programmes.
Information on the department can be found at: https://emed.ku.dk/
The Department of Experimental Medicine is responsible for the centralized Copenhagen Animal Care and Use Programme at the University and University Hospitals, which is accredited by AAALAC. We aim to provide the best possible conditions and services for advanced research using laboratory animals in the most lenient way.
Part of this aim is fulfilled with the Department’s own internationally recognized research programme, with a primary research focus on the development and refinement of animal models and experimental procedures, in order to maximize animal welfare and to optimize the experimental outcome of animal experiments. The research is aligned with the principles of the 3R’s: Replacement, Reduction, and Refinement.
The research is conducted in close collaboration with national and international collaborators and aims at increasing the awareness about the importance of the 3R’s in the scientific community, and providing novel knowledge and understanding of practical relevance for the implementation of the 3R’s in biomedical research.
The position as Assistant is anchored in the Department’s Section for Research and Education, and will contribute to maintenance and development of the high quality of experimental conditions within the University’s Programme as well as internationally. The job will be a key position in the Department’s large portfolio of basic and advanced courses in laboratory animal science and experimentation.
We expect that you can work across the organization and actively engage and contribute in the multifaceted tasks at the Department.
The responsibilities will primarily consist of:
- research-based teaching, including associated examination
- research, including publication/academic dissemination duties
- assistance in the supervision and guidance of PhD and Master students
- sharing knowledge with society
- participation in formal pedagogical training programme for assistant professors
Six overall criteria apply for assistant professor appointments at the University of Copenhagen. The six criteria (research, teaching, societal impact, organisational contribution, external funding, and leadership) are considered a framework for the overall assessment of candidates. Find information about each criterion here: https://employment.ku.dk/faculty/criteria-for-recognising-merit.
Furthermore, we are looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic scientist with the following skills and experience:
Essential experience and skills:
- You have a PhD in Comparative Medicine or similar subject with relevance for animal experimentation and the 3Rs
- You are highly experienced in research involving the development and refinement of animal models and experimentation, in particular refinement of animal models in pain research
- You have an active interest in the 3Rs and animal welfare, and in the understanding and elimination of pain and suffering in animal experimentation
- You have pre- and postgraduate teaching experience within Laboratory Animal Science
- Proficient communication skills and ability to work in teams
- Excellent English skills written and spoken.
Place of employment
The place of employment is at the Department of Experimental Medicine at the University of Copenhagen. We offer creative and stimulating working conditions in dynamic and international research environment.
Terms of employment
The position is a fixed-term position limited to a period of four 4 years. The start date is 1 April 2024 or after agreement.
Salary, pension and other conditions of employment are set in accordance with the Agreement between the Ministry of Taxation and AC (Danish Confederation of Professional Associations) or other relevant organisation. Currently, the monthly salary starts at 38,300 DKK/approx. 5,100 EUR (October 2023 level). Depending on qualifications, a supplement may be negotiated. The employer will pay an additional 17.1 % to your pension fund.
Foreign and Danish applicants may be eligible for tax reductions if they hold a PhD degree and have not lived in Denmark the last 10 years.
Foreign applicants may find this link useful: www.ism.ku.dk (International Staff Mobility).
Your application must be submitted in English by clicking ‘Apply now’ below. Furthermore, your application must include the following documents/attachments – all in PDF format:
- Motivated letter of application (Max. one page)
- CV incl. education, work/research experience, language skills and other skills relevant for the position
- A certified/signed copy of a) PhD certificate and b) Master of Science certificate. If the PhD is not completed, a written statement from the supervisor will do
- List of publications
- Teaching portfolio (If applicable)
Deadline for applications: 1 December 2023, 23.59pm CET
We reserve the right not to consider material received after the deadline, and not to consider applications that do not live up to the abovementioned requirements.
The further process
After the expiry of the deadline for applications, the authorized recruitment manager selects applicants for assessment on the advice of the hiring committee. All applicants are then immediately notified whether their application has been passed for assessment by an unbiased assessor. Once the assessment work has been completed each applicant has the opportunity to comment on the part of the assessment that relates to the applicant him/herself.
You can read about the recruitment process at http://employment.ku.dk/faculty/recruitment-process/
The applicant will be assessed according to the Ministerial Order no. 242 of 13 March 2012 on the Appointment of Academic Staff at Universities.
Interviews are expected to be held in week […]
The University of Copenhagen wish to reflect the diversity of society and encourage all qualified candidates to apply regardless of personal background.
Skriv i din ansøgning, at du fandt jobbet på workscout.dk.