Udsendt dato18. november 2022
Udløbsdato8. december 2022
We are currently seeking an AC-TAP to fulfill an open position at the Department of Biological- and Chemical Engineering, Aarhus University. It is a fulltime position and place of employment will be Hangøvej 2, 8200 Aarhus N with different tasks at our other locations primarily in Aarhus. The AC-TAP will be part of our technical group and refer to the laboratory manager. The position is available as soon as possible
The AC-TAPs main responsibility is to ensure the operation and performance of advanced analytical equipment used by various research groups. The successful candidate will be involved in analysis and optimization of methods based on GC-MS and LC-MS, but will also be involved in analysis by e.g. DSC, TGA, BET, X-ray diffraction, HPLC and TOC. The AC-TAP will join and work closely with the strong team of technicians (including lab techs and AC-TAPs) at the department and should expect to spend the majority of the working hours in the laboratory.
Specific tasks will involve:
- Maintenance/repair/service of equipment, either by involving specialists internally at Aarhus University or externally, to ensure continuous and reliable operation of the analytical equipment.
- Method development addressing specific scientific questions, both assisting the trained user and un-trained students in obtaining analytical data of publishable quality.
- Setting up procedures allowing a streamlined daily operation of the equipment, e.g. booking of the instrument, data transfer, handling of samples, and potentially developing a service offering ‘standard’ measurements to the users.
- Quality assurance procedures.
- Training and ensuring knowledge transfer between TAPs, users, and AC-TAP
- Taking lead and/or assist on purchase of equipment, that is, act a link in the communication between researchers and suppliers and prepare materials for tender.
Background and qualifications:
The ideal candidate could have the following qualifications:
- An academic background within chemical engineering, chemistry or equivalent
- Strong hands-on experience with operating and maintaining scientific analytical equipment
- Experience with chromatography coupled to mass spectrometry (GC/MS and/or LC/MS) and should be able to do at least routine maintenance and troubleshooting (e.g. replacement of columns, filters, O-rings, performing leak tests)
- Additional experience with techniques mentioned above is an advantage
- Experience in method development and optimization and should be well acquainted with the use of software for data acquisition and instrument control
As a person you must:
- Be able to work independent and committed with enthusiasm ad interest in the work area.
- Be able to organize and prioritize time and tasks
- Be service minded and able to collaborate in a dynamic environment with many different cultures
- Motivated by the challenges and new opportunities that arise in a growing and constantly changing organization
All interested candidates are encouraged to apply, regardless of their personal background.
Formalities and salary range
Salary and terms as agreed between the Danish Ministry of Finance and Public Employee Organizations for the HK Laboratory (OAO agreement).
Aarhus University’s ambition is to be an attractive and inspiring workplace for all and to foster a culture in which each individual has opportunities to thrive, achieve and develop. We view equality and diversity as assets, and we welcome all applicants.
The application must be submitted via Aarhus University’s recruitment system, which can be accessed under the job advertisement on Aarhus University’s website.
Aarhus University is an academically diverse and research-intensive university with a strong commitment to high-quality research and education and the development of society nationally and globally. The university offers an inspiring research and teaching environment to its 38,000 students (FTEs) and 8,000 employees, and has an annual revenues of EUR 885 million. Learn more at www.international.au.dk/
Skriv i din ansøgning, at du fandt jobbet på workscout.dk.